Join Ming Tsai as he and a great group of guest chefs find inspiration from his East-West pantry and from surprise ingredients that range from exotic fruits and vegetables to meats and fish. “I want to bring you into the mind of the chef; we went into the studio and on the road with no recipes, no thought of what we would be making – using our pantry or favorite markets as inspiration,” says Ming. “We want to show you how you can shop in your own pantry and create delicious dinners on the fly.” The DVD has a running time of160 minutes.
Ming highlights techniques to help viewers at home, from filleting a fish to sharing a technique for cooking veggies kids will love. Together with his friends and family, they share their culinary tricks for mouthwatering meals in these six great shows:
• Ming and Jacques Pepin demonstrate the classic technique of “paner à l’anglaise” to make Panko-Crusted Butterfish with Wasabi-Avocado Crema & Mango Salsa and Paner au Beurre Turkey with Mushroom “Ratatouille.”
• Andrew Zimmern, host of “Bizarre Foods” on the Travel Channel, joins Ming to cook two new dishes kids will devour:Turkey Spring Rolls with Hoisin-Lime Dipping Sauce and Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Mixed Vegetables & Tofu with Miso Sabayon.
• Iron Chef Morimoto teaches Sushi 101, as they createOmusubi with Alaskan King Crab Salad and Sashimi Salad—Chirashi Zushi.
• Along with fabulous baker Joanne Chang, Ming shows how grasping one small but important rule can allow viewers to bake countless desserts with just a few ingredients in quantities you can eyeball, includingRaspberry-Rhubarb Free Form Crostata.
• Jonathan Waxman, one of the godfathers of New American Cuisine, and Ming use the fantastic technique of oven roasting to createSpicy Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast with Baby Cauliflower and Potatoes and Macadamia Duck with Roasted Vegetables “Waxman” Style.
• Together with his parents, Steven & Iris Tsai, Ming shows us the perfect culinary marriage of chicken, duck, and wine when they createRed Roast Duck with Scallion Pancakes and Coq au Vin.
SIMPLY MING: COOKING WITH FRIENDS & FAMILY
Release Date: April 17, 2012
Run Time: 160 Minutes
Special Features: - 12 printable recipes - Ming’s Cooking on the Fly Pantry List