Regency brining tag for making tender and juicy
turkey, chicken & pork/ Contains one 23.5" x 19.5" bag. Extra heavy
weight with Gusseted bottom for easier storage.
What is Brine? Brine is simply a salt-water solution. It can be tailored to individual tastes by adding herbs, spices, fruit, sugar, etc. Creativity is your key.
Why Brine? Brining or soaking lean meat, fish or poultry infuses flavor and moisture throughout and ensures that every bite is juicy and delicious!
How to Brine?
- Clean or prepare meat and place it in the Regency Brining Bag. Add water counting how many cups it takes to completely cover the item, plus a couple of inches.
- You will need 1 cup Kosher salt or salt without iodine per gallon (16 cups) of water. Sugar may be substituted for up to half of the salt if desired.
- Remove a few cups of water from the brining bag, boil and dissolve all of the salt and/or sugar. Make sure this mixture is completely cooled before adding it back to the remaining water for brining. Then, add spice, seasoning, syrup, or fruit to taste if desired.
- Remove excess air and carefully seal the bag by running the seal between your thumb and forefinger several times along the length of the seal. Failure to seal the bag securely will result in leaks.
- Place on a tray in the refrigerator. General rule of thumb is 2 hours per pound. Remove item from bag, pat dry and cool as normal. Discard bag and liquid.